Columbus Crew vs Sounders, full time: Will Bruin wins in 89th !!!
As much as they might try to avoid the set narratives, that this is an MLS Cup rematch – and a chance to get a measure of revenge – will surely be on the Seattle Sounders’ minds then. as they prepare to face the suddenly collapsing Columbus crew. to the Lower.com field.
This MLS Cup victory has probably never been so far away for the crew as it seems right now. The crew are currently mired in a five-game losing streak, which is the longest in franchise history after the shootout. The crew’s offense has been particularly disappointing, scoring just 6 goals in their last 7 games, and now they will miss Gyasi Zardes for at least a few games.
The Sounders, meanwhile, appear to have fully recovered from their brief drop in form that saw them go 1-3-1. The Sounders have now claimed three straight wins in all competitions, including two back-to-back on the road. A win in this one would complete a nine-point road trip spanning just seven days.
Despite the busy schedule, the Sounders should be able to provide a reasonably well-rested roster as they made seven changes between Sunday’s game and Wednesday’s. The crew, however, used mostly first-choice training in their midweek game against the New York Red Bulls, with the notable exception of Lucas Zelarayan, who came off the bench.
- Columbus lost their fifth straight game, losing 1-0 to the Red Bulls on Wednesday. The Crew are the first defending MLS champion to lose five straight games since the Galaxy lost seven in a row in May-June 2006.
- The Sounders have won six road games so far this year, as many as they’ve had in all but three of their previous seasons. They are also in their second three-game winning streak of the season.
- After scoring only once in 2020, the crew have not scored a goal in consecutive games for the fourth time this year. Only three teams have scored fewer goals than their 21.
- Raúl Ruidíaz leads MLS with 14 goals. With his next goal, he will become the third player in Sounders history to score at least 15. The franchise record is 17, held by Obafemi Martins (2014), and no Sounder has ever won the Shoe. gold from MLS.
- Aside from their last loss to the Crew, the Sounders have actually enjoyed some success in Columbus, where they are all-time 4-3-1. In fact, it’s tied for most away wins the Sounders have against any opponent in the Eastern Conference.
- This is the Sounders’ very first visit to Lower.com Field. The Sounders are 7-2-3 all-time in MLS freshman stadiums, including a win over Austin FC this year.
QUESTIONABLE: Nouhou – Adductor strain L
OUT: Delem – R ACL tear; Frei – Sprained knee / blood clot; Morris – L ACL tear
QUESTIONABLE: Luis Diaz – Shoulder injury R
OUT: Artur – Right hip injury; Marlon Hairston – L-shaped thigh injury; Perry Kitchen – L-shaped knee injury; Aidan Morris – Knee Injury L; Milton Valenzuela – Thigh injury R; Josh Williams – L-shaped ankle injury; Gyasi Zardes – Thigh Injury L
REFEREE: Joseph Dickerson; AR1 (bench): Peter Balciunas; AR2 (opposite): Andrew Bigelow; 4th: Baldomero Toledo; VAR: Sorin Stoica; AVAR: Jonathan Johnson.
Date of the match / kick-off time: Saturday, 2:55 p.m. PT
Place: Lower.com Field, Columbus, Ohio
Online broadcast: Fubo TV (affiliate link), Locast.org
English national television: FOX (Fort, Holden)
Local radio: 950 KJR-AM Seattle (Costigan, Keller)
Local spanishh Radio: El Rey 1360 AM (Rodriguez, Maqueda, Tapia)
Spanish national television: Fox Sports
Balkans: Arena sport
Belgium & Luxembourg: Eleven Sports
Bulgaria: Max Sport
Czech Republic & Slovakia: Nova Sport (Czech Republic)
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy & Spain: DAZN (Europe)
Georgia: Silk Sport
Greece: Novasports (Greece)
Latin America (excluding Brazil): ESPN Latin America
Netherlands: ESPN Netherlands
Russia: Okko Sport
Southeast Asia & Oceania: beIN SPORTS
Sub-Saharan Africa: ESPN Africa
Sweden: C Plus
Turkey & Azerbaijan: Saran Sport
UK and Ireland: Sky Sports
Highlights will be posted as the match progresses.
Here’s Seattle Sounders at Columbus Crew; watch with us
Sounder at Heart has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, although Sounder at Heart may earn commissions for products purchased through affiliate links.